The Profile of Beijing
Beijing No. 39 Middle School is located in the center of Beijing, adjoining Zhongnanhai, the seat of the Central Committee of the CPC in the south, and bordering on Beijing Xishiku Catholic Church in the east. It has a history of one hundred years and a solid cultural foundation. Its predecessors were Guanghua Women Middle School and Gengshen Middle School, two religious boarding schools in the late Qing Dynasty. In 1952, the school was renamed Beijing No. 39 Middle School. It adheres to the educational ideas of "people-oriented, harmonious development and making every effort for the students’ all-round growth", and acts on the working principle of “health, effectiveness and quality”. The school has won extensive praise from people in all circles by putting equal emphasis on the operative management and humane care, and having made rapid progress in all these aspects. The future Beijing No. 39 Middle School will be a top-quality school geared to the needs of the world.
The International Department of Beijing No. 39 Middle School was established in 2002. In the past several years, it has trained more than 1,000 students from South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, the United States, Canada, Vietnam, Laos, Turkey and Libya. Each year, it enrolls 130 foreign students on average. At the same time, it actively develops foreign exchanges. Teacher and student exchange visits are annually conducted between Beijing No. 39 Middle School and South Korea Guzhan Senior High School, South Korea Pushan Foreign Language School, and friendly exchange relations have been established. The International Department has successively received multi-national educational and cultural exchange visiting groups such as the Thai delegation, the Indonesian delegation, the Canadian delegation, the French delegation, the American high school students exchange delegation, Singaporean Friendship School, and South Korea Seoul Women School.