In the autumn of 1958, No. 2 High School of East China Normal University was founded;
In 1963, the school became a “key high school” in Shanghai;
In 1978, it became “a key high school” under the direct auspices of the country’s Ministry of Education;
In 1999, the school’s International Division was established;
In 2002, the school was relocated in Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park of Pudong;
In 2007, the school started to serve as an HSK testing center, and it was approved by the Office of Chinese Language Council International of the country as a “Base” for teaching Chinese as a foreign language. In addition, the school started to provide Chinese language teaching as an established subsidiary of the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of Shanghai.